Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Rachel does an Olivia Newton-John

Pop singer and theater artist Rachel Alejandro is gearing up for the most demanding performance of her life — roller skating to Olivia Newton-John and Electric Light Orchestra songs in Atlantis Productions’ upcoming Broadway musical comedy Xanadu which opens at the Carlos P. Romulo Auditorium, RCBC Plaza, Makati City on Sept. 3.

Rachel captured audience’s hearts in the dual role of Kate Monster/Lucy The Slut in Avenue Q and now takes on the lead role in Xanadu. She has started her skating classes and is supervised by choreographer Cecile Martinez and skating supervisor Anthony Ong, who studied skating in New York with the Broadway production’s skating instructor Lezly Zeiring. Rachel says, “The biggest challenge here is the roller skating by far. I’m not as well-coordinated as some of you might imagine. But I am quite excited as it is such a fun musical people of all ages can enjoy!”

Bobby Garcia, who will direct Xanadu says, “I’m thrilled to be directing Xanadu. It is a musical I was instantly smitten with when I saw it in New York in 2007. I suspect it will be one of the zaniest rehearsal periods I have had and I look forward to the fun with this amazing cast!”

[read more]

No comments:

Post a Comment